Sunday 29 July 2012

HONEY CHILLI LOTUS STEM

I know, I know.. It's a baking blog. But I couldn't help trying out this recipe, given that I don't quite like the traditional way in which lotus stem is made.!
This again is a Tarla Dalal recipe. However, I would recommend tweaking it a little, as it didn't turn out too great for me. Wasn't bad, but could be better, depending on individual tastes..



METHOD:
  • Dust the lotus stem slices with cornflour and deep-fry in hot oil until crisp. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside. 
  • Heat the oil in the wok over a high flame and add the remaining ingredients. 
  • Add the fried lotus stem slices. 
  • Toss well until the sauce coats the lotus stems and serve hot.

PS : It turned out a bit too sweet for my liking, so honey can be reduced a little in quantity. Spicy chilli sauce if available, will counter the honey taste better.



Bon Appetit! :)


2 comments:

  1. Actually I dont like lotus stems, but after seeing this, m itching to try it out :D.

    I would like to invite you to my bloghop, Cook like a Star. The theme for the event is Masterchef. You can check out the details here
    http://simple-baking.blogspot.in/2012/09/lets-make-kebab-like-masterchef.html
    Do join us in this fun blog hop.

    Anuja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do try it out Anuja! Turned out great! :)
    And going through your blog right now!!

    ReplyDelete