Wednesday 20 November 2013

2-MINUTE MICROWAVE CUPCAKES

It's been way too long since I've shared a recipe here. So what better way than to get back with a recipe for cupcakes!
Who doesn't love cupcakes? Those small little bites of pure heaven, which are gone way too quickly, leaving you longing for more.!!

Now no more having to wait for the weekend to do some baking. Try this easy and quick recipe to make perfect little cupcakes, all in a matter of minutes.

Recipe taken from here. This was actually a recipe for making chocolate cake in a mug, but I improvised, because I was absolutely dying to use my new silicon cupcake molds!!



Total time: 3 minutes
Prep: 1 min
Cook: 2 min
Yield: 3 servings

Level: Easy





METHOD:
  • In a bowl, add flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
  • Add oil, milk and vanilla essence and mix until no lumps remain in the batter.
  • Now take you cupcake molds. Grease or dust with flour. Silicone molds however, do not require greasing. Fill about 2/3rd of each mold with the batter, leaving space for the cupcakes to rise.
  • Sprinkle chocolate chips on top. I skipped this step.
  • Microwave on high power for 2 minutes (or upto 2 1/2 minutes, depending on the strength of your microwave). Mine got done in 2 minutes.


Here they are fresh out of the microwave, still in the silicone molds, while I let them cool down.



 TA DA!


Yes, I know, the photography kinda sucks, but my sister and I are usually in such a hurry to devour what we make, that I take a bare few hurried shots from my phone. ^_^

Try this easy and quick way to make some lovely cupcakes, and tell me how it works out for you.
Enjoy!!


2 comments: